I have only one goal; make your business transparent in terms of data. My approach is to stay simple and effective, always.
I have a sharp focus on:
- I'm using only Google Data Studio as the skin of the project
- My expertise relies on only web businesses. I took responsibility on both sides (business and agency)
- I use data connectors (Fivetran, Power My Analytics and Supermetrics) or/and BigQuery to build a data warehouse if necessary.
Finding the real outcome of a tool needs time, effort and try-learn cycles so, I may not accept any project that contains different tools than above.
If you want to build a wall then, I must provide you with bricks rather than quick fixes. So, the transformation (making your business transparent) will take time. Some examples:
- Airlines: 2+ years
- E-commerce: 1+ year
- Amazon Business: 1+ year
- TelCo: 3+ years
- Saas: 1+ year
Here are the steps of this transformation:
- Working on leading and lagging KPIs with the most important departments.
- Review the data sources and bring the most simple and maintenance-free solution to the table.
- Work on the connection and dashboard and create the initial dashboards for every department.
- Track their behaviours and study the effect of these dashboards on the departments.
- If there is no change then, work closely with stakeholders to understand the root cause. If there is traction, hear their additional requests and deliver frequently to keep the heat high.
- Train at least 1 person for each department.